The Gellert Library at Notre Dame de Namur University seeks a forward-thinking, dynamic and service-oriented Library Access Services Manager. S/he will provide strategic leadership for Access Services, Technical Services, and budgeting of the Library, serve as an advocate for the Library, and oversee the delivery of on and off-campus library services at Notre Dame de Namur University. This position serves an advisory role to the Director of Library Services regarding future enhancements of Library services.
Reports to: Director of Library Services
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Supervises: Up to 15 Library Student Assistants and Library Assistant for Technical Services Schedule: Working nights and weekends is necessary to complete the requirements of the position.
The Library Access Services Manager is responsible for the management of the Access Services department and library budgeting, including but not limited to:
- Providing innovative, results-oriented leadership in the development of access services to faculty, students, researchers, and the NDNU community
- Oversight and strategic planning for Technical Services
- Managing day-to-day operation of the Access Services department including circulation, course reserves, interlibrary loan, facilities, and training and supervision of library student staff
- Serves as Executive Assistant to the Director of Library Services, as necessary
- Overseeing and managing the billing, ordering, and budgeting of the Library’s resources
- Preparing and administering the annual budget with the Director of Library Services
- Researching and implementing enhancements to existing library technology
- Overseeing and managing Stacks Maintenance, Periodicals, and Library Storage
- Preparing statistical reports, surveys, self-studies, and analyses of library access services
- Conducting targeted assessment to improve access services, budgeting, and staff training
- Developing and implementing long-range plans for growth and improvement of the Library through fundraising and grant proposals, in conjunction with the Director of Library Services
- Remaining current with library trends, use of library technology, and the provision of services to today’s library
- Seeking innovative and creative ways to market, enhance, and improve Library access services
- Strategically collaborating with other library units to promote innovative services to NDNU students and faculty
Click here to view a complete job description and apply!