The Martin Luther King Jr. Library seeks an innovative and creative student-centered librarian to provide leadership in the area of Science Librarianship. The Science Librarian will collaborate with faculty, library staff, and campus staff, and on the development of innovative services and support for instruction and research.
- Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program or equivalent
- Experience and/or coursework in collection development, reference service/research consultation, and information literacy/instruction
- Potential for scholarly research and/or professional achievement
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the educational needs of diverse populations, as gained through cross- cultural study, training, teaching, or other comparable experiences, for the provision of user-centered services, systems and programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, design, and implement innovative projects or services, including community outreach programs
- Experience and/or coursework incorporating current and emerging technologies into instructional and informational services
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with public and academic librarians and staff, teaching faculty, and students in a rapidly changing information environment
- Undergraduate or graduate degree or coursework in Science-related field or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with disciplinary electronic databases and major reference works
Full job description and application instructions available online.
SJSU Job ID 23534
Application Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2016 or until filled.