- Spring and Fall Hours are Monday – Thursday 11:30am – 8:00pm, Friday; 7:30am – 4:00pm (Hours may vary depending on the hours of operation for the Library)
- Summer Hours are Monday – Thursday from 7am – 5:30pm (Hours may vary depending on the hours of operation for the Library)
Duties and Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the Head Librarian, performs library clerical and technical duties in the public service areas. This position requires a change in scheduled hours between regular semesters and outside the regular sessions, including the summer session. Any one position may not include all of the duties listed nor do listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions of this class.
- Provides circulation and collection services to patrons using the library’s automated information systems, including checking out library materials, responding to general information questions, and answering questions regarding loan periods, fines, recalls, claims, holds, shelving, borrowing and library policies.
- Processes new library reserve materials, including bar coding, stamping, labeling and covering books as well as minor binding and repair of materials.
- Closes and secures the Library in the evenings.
- Using the library’s computerized on-line library catalog (ex. Innovative Millenium system) or similar library automation software, assists in the processing, circulation and maintenance of Textbook Reserve Collection (print books, audio and video materials, headsets, and other library materials).
- Assists with creating and maintaining student computerized records, monitoring and ensuring accuracy and consistency of information in databases, including overdue notices and initiates holds or clears student records.
- Reads and checks book shelf order and placement, dusts, shifts book collections (reference and folios), assists with shelving and weeding materials.
- Assists with answering phones and inquiries regarding basis circulation policies.
- Provides technical assistance with computers, copy machines, and other related equipment.
- Assists in supervising and training student assistants and maintains their attendance records.
Full job description and application instructions available online.
Application Deadline: April 4, 2016