The San Francisco campus of the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising has a full-time opening for the position of Assistant Librarian. Under the direction of the branch Head Librarian this position is responsible for the following library duties while adhering to the Mission Statements of the Library and FIDM.
- Assist in all Library services; including, but not limited to: reference services, circulation, cataloging, and serials.
- Assist in developing and delivering in-person presentations that integrate information literacy into the curriculum.
- Assist in collection development and maintenance.
- Answer questions in the library, either in-person, via telephone, or library e-mail.
- Provide support of cataloging and processing of materials as assigned.
- Provide support of serials check-in and processing of serials subscriptions as assigned.
- Prepare and maintain instructional and promotional handouts.
- Assist in the maintenance and display of the costume study collection.
- Assist in the maintenance of the materials workroom.
- Assist students in basic troubleshooting procedures on computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers, and print management software.
- Assist in the display of library materials.
- Participate and provide feedback for the Library’s social media networking sites.
- Assist in annual inventory.
- Perform shelf reading and shelving duties.
- Help maintain the appearance and functionality of the Library.
- Participate in events in support of FIDM or the Library.
- Bachelor’s Degree and enrollment in program and/or course work toward an accredited MLIS.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Computer literate at the intermediate skill level with competency in those tasks determined necessary for the position.
- Work experience in an academic library.
- Background or previous work experience related to one of the areas of study at FIDM.
Some evening and weekend hours required.
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to the attention of:
Brian Seguin, Head Librarian
55 Stockton St., 8th Fl.
San Francisco, CA 94108
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.