The San Francisco Public Library (SFPL)’s Community Programs and Partnerships Division is to support the Mission and Strategic Priorities of SFPL to enhance the Library’s internal and external communication; and community engagement and outreach efforts. Under general direction, the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator will redesign, revamp, and implement a robust volunteer services program for the library system-wide as it relates to the Library’s Strategic Plan. This position reports directly to Community Engagement Manager and supervises volunteers and staff.
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND
2. One year (2000 hours) of experience supervising, coordinating or directing volunteer services and/or community outreach services in an organization which provides services to the public.
Substitution: Additional experience supervising, coordinating or directing volunteer and/or community relations services, as described above, may be substituted for up to two years of the required baccalaureate degree on a year-for-year basis.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Experience in recruiting volunteers Experience in supervising, coordinating or directing outreach services
- Experience working in library services setting
- Experience working with the public Experience with Volunteer Reporter or other database management software for volunteers
- Organized and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal courteously, effectively and tactfully with diverse populations including coworkers, the general public and community organizations and groups
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated client service orientation
Full job description and application instructions available online.
Salary: $67,002.00 – $81,432.00/year
Application Deadline: 7/20/2016