A Division Manager is part of the San Jose Public Library’s eight-member executive management team and is responsible for providing leadership and stewarding quality service to best meet the needs of the customer. Division Managers direct major library divisions, such as branch management, King Library oversight, staff development, joint facilities, early education, adult literacy, training, and youth services. The ideal candidate will have strong, demonstrated skills in leadership, management, communication, teamwork, planning and problem solving; have knowledge of current automation technology and trends; be aware of and support, practice and promote the Mission, Vision and Value statement of the City of San Jose and the San Jose Public Library, including the principles and strategies for improving customer service. We are looking for bright, energetic, innovative, risk-taking, thoughtful, idea-filled and dedicated candidates who are interested in working to improve library services to a very diverse city.
There are currently two Division Manager vacancies: Innovations Division (Web Services, Collections and Technical Services, California Room, North/West Branches) and Operations Division (Access, Information Technology, King Public Reference and Resources, SJPL Works, South Branches).
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a closely related field. Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies from an ALA accredited institution strongly preferred.
- Experience: Six years of progressively responsible directly related experience, including three years of supervisory experience.
- Licensing Requirements: Valid CA Driver’s License
- Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country.
- Please be informed that the City of San Jose will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Department of Labor.
How to Apply:
To view the full announcement for this exciting opportunity and apply online with the City of San José, please visit the City of San José’s employment page.
Application deadline: 08/22/2016