The Mechanics’ Institute seeks a creative, energetic, team player who demonstrates a superior ability to multitask in both the technical and public services departments.
• Creates or enhances original, complex, and copy cataloging of resources in all formats following national standards and local practices using III’s Millennium ILS, OCLC Connexion, RDA, MARC, Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH), and Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC).
• Uses OCLC’s Connexion for original cataloging, searching for bibliographic records, holdings maintenance, and exporting bibliographic records.
• Catalogs and classifies special projects that focus on targeted collection areas to improve access, or retrospective editing of existing items to meet current standards.
• Is responsible for the creation and maintenance of non-MARC metadata.
• Establishes and verifies name, title, subject authority entries in conjunction with OCLC and Library of Congress authority files.
• Provides reference services and teaches library instruction classes.
• Manages assigned areas of the Library collection.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Position will remain open until filled. First review of applications to begin Monday, September 26.
Full job description and application instructions available online.
Open until filled.