This posting is for a part-time, temporary, paid position at the UCSF Library located at the UCSF Parnassus location (library.ucsf.edu).
The UCSF Library seeks a talented individual to assist with the implementation of the UC Open Access Policy for faculty journal publications. They will also analyze UCSF publication data to help inform scholarly publishing initiatives.
- Compile reports from the UC Publication Management System (PMS) to identify profiles requiring mediation
- Match up data from multiple systems such as the PMS, UCSF Profiles, Web of Science, and open access content databases and working with identifiers such as ORCiD
- Coordinate metadata exchange between systems with the California Digital Library, UCSF Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI), and PMS staff as needed
- Communicate with UCSF faculty regarding the modifications to their PMS profiles
- Auto-update profile records based on publication matches and with open access available files or URLs
- Produce visualizations of OA Policy participation and researcher output using Tableau or comparable tools
- Create documentation on processes for both library staff and to support researchers for syncing up profiles in multiple systems
- Run reports on UCSF publication data to inform open access publishing permeation, track progress, and to support representation of researcher output
Position will remain open until filled.
Complete job description and application instructions available online.