The PlaneTree Health Library (PHL) Board of Directors is seeking an executive director to lead in charting and implementing a new direction for the long-established health information non-profit. This position provides an opportunity to develop and expand a new online community service for a small organization with a solid reputation and a dedicated, supportive Board.
The Board is currently conducting research to identify core health and medical topics about which consumers find it difficult to gain relevant, reliable information. Online information pathfinders on one or more of these topics will be developed and become a new part of PHL’s services, to guide consumers to local community services and effective information resources.
The executive director will be responsible for the development of online resources, community partnerships, fund development, and management of two current part-time staff members. The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for ensuring access to reliable, free health information for all.
- Four-year college degree in a related field; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Five (5) years of related management experience, including supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Proven success in grant writing and development/implementation of fund raising strategies.
- Strong communications skills with experience in building and sustaining community partnerships, public speaking and writing.
- Experience in creating online resources and leveraging social media to reach and expand audiences.
This is a part-time salaried position (20-30 hours per week). The annual salary will be commensurate with experience, in the range of $45K – $60K, with limited benefits that do not include medical insurance.
The position will be based at our office located in Los Gatos, California. For information about our current services, visit http://www.planetree-sccl.org.
Full job description available online.