The Library is currently recruiting to fill two Branch Manager positions in Fremont and Newark, however, the eligible list resulting from this recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies at other Library locations.
Branch Manager for Fremont neighborhood branches – Centerville, Irvington, and Niles
The Branch Manager for Centerville, Irvington, and Niles oversees operations at the three neighborhood branches within the City of Fremont. The incumbent will report to the Principal Librarian for Fremont Libraries and will supervise a staff that primarily provides service in all three locations. These branches are currently open on the following days:
Tuesday 1pm – 8pm, Thursday 11am – 6pm, and Saturday (currently closed but 10am – 5pm are the proposed future hours)
Wednesday 10am – 5pm
Tuesday 10am – 5pm
Branch Manager for Newark
The Branch manager for Newark oversees operations at the Newark Library. The incumbent will report to the Principal Librarian for Branches and will supervise a staff that primarily provides services to the Newark location. This branch is currently open on the following days:
Sunday 1pm – 5pm
Monday and Tuesday 12pm – 8pm
Wednesday and Thursday 10am – 6pm
Saturday 10am – 5pm
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications listed below, the ideal candidate will have demonstrated a successful track record in the following:
· Implementing change management and building key relationships.
· Outstanding background coordinating library programming and events.
· A keen understanding of social media and new technology that may affect the library system.
· Superior command of oral and written communication.
· Being action-oriented and making good, data-driven decisions.
· Successfully motivating and interacting with direct reports.
$38.74 – $47.13/hour; $80,579.20 – $98,030.40/year
Full job description and application information available online.
Application deadline: 11/14/2016 5:00:00 PM