The Senior Librarian for Web Services will be under the supervision of the Division Manager of Innovation and work closely with San José Public Library (SJPL) and San José State University (SJSU) Information Technology and Technical Services. This position will consider new trends in web and mobile technology, analyze library applicability, and work with SJSU counterparts, Library IT, Marketing and other units for implementation. The Senior Librarian for Web Services will provide collaborative oversight of the Library’s web site and coordination of Integrated Library System (ILS) services, electronic resources and implementation and support of staff technology resources, such as SharePoint. The Senior Librarian for Web Services will oversee committees and work to ensure technology is understood throughout the organization. The successful candidate will supervise SJPL’s web team and electronic resources staff. We are looking for a leader comfortable with technology and an understanding of how emerging technology can facilitate vital library services.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create websites, web code and applications, using Drupal
- Evaluate, pilot, and implement web solutions
- Integrate social media and e-library technology
- Plan, implement and evaluate trainings/programs/services
- Establish performance measures
- Monitor program budgets
- Prioritize and assign work, conduct performance evaluations and ensure staff is trained
- Lead organization-wide staff through web and electronic resources evolution and development
Additional job details and application instructions available online.
Application deadline: 1/23/2017