Under direction, the Librarian II provides information services to the public; develops and maintains a portion of the library materials collection; supervises special tasks; may plan, develop, operate, or supervise a small work unit of the library; and performs other duties as assigned. The current vacancy is in Electronic Resources.
Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
• Answers inquiries from the general public and interested parties
• Assists patrons in the selection of appropriate reading and serves as resource person in area of specialty
• Leads library outreach activities
• May be assigned to work in an age level program, a specialized program, or at the information desk
• Attends special meetings and serves as special consultant in respective skill fields
• Conducts internet research and operates specialized library software, including the use of Microsoft Windows operating system for database, word processing, spreadsheet, and website development
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities & characteristics:
•Electronic resources librarianship background is highly desirable
•Proficient skills with Integrated Library Systems (ILS), particularly Sierra or Millennium
•Extensive knowledge and use of informational databases and other digital resources
•Knowledge of website development and maintenance
•Be flexible and adapt to changing conditions
•High energy, a solid work ethic, and follows through on commitments made
•A genuine interest in providing outstanding service to the community
•Initiative to identify needs, research and recommend enhancements or changes to existing systems and programs based on user input
•Excellent communication skills
Experience: Two years of professional level librarian experience equivalent to the City of Livermore’s Librarian I classification. Public library experience is desirable.
Education: Equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science, or a related field from an accredited college or university.
$5,382 – $6,542/per month
Application deadline: Friday, February 10, 2017 at 5PM
Additional details and application instructions available online.