ASRC Mission Solutions (ASMS), a Subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, is current seeking a Supervisory Librarian in San Francisco, CA.
ASRC Mission Solutions holds a nationwide contract for library and records management services with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. ASMS librarians, record managers and support staff collect, organize and maintain library and records materials, safeguard Confidential Business Information (CBI), maintain Superfund Record Centers, manage the EPA Docket Center operations, provide National Records and Content Management Branch Support, assist EPA and external customers with document delivery/ILL, reference and research services, etc.
- Support the reference and research needs of EPA staff and the public for information.
- Answer reference questions using a variety of print and online resources and provide interlibrary loan and document delivery services to EPA patrons.
- Circulate library materials and maintain circulation records.
- Supervise, hire and evaluate library staff and perform outreach and marketing support for the Library.
- Provide training to library patrons as needed.
- Maintain library statistics and other records to document work performed.
- Provide written and statistical reports as required and participate in the EPA Library Network via teleconferences, library workgroups, etc.
- Catalog library materials using OCLC and update local catalog records in EPA’s Online Library System (OLS) as needed.
- Inventory library materials and provide input for collection development policy and acquisitions.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science from a ALA-accredited institution.
- 2 years of experience providing professional librarian services, in a special, legal, or government library preferred.
- Background working with legal or scientific reference materials and electronic resources desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, databases and office applications (MS Office Suite).
- Proficiency with internet searching and research
- U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status and ability to pass a government sponsored background check.
- Experience in preparing analytic reports and statistics, use of applications such as Excel and development of logical express and database queries.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job posting and application instructions available online.