Under direction of the Collection Development Coordinator, this regular, full-time position performs a wide range of library tasks; orders/processes interlibrary loan requests; coordinates the work of the Interlibrary Loan unit; assists in selection tasks for the Collections Department; and performs related duties as required. As person in charge of day-to-day ILL work, this individual oversees the work of a Library Specialist and Library Aide, and assures excellent relationships with partner institutions for lending and borrowing. This position is located at the Central Library in the Materials Management Division.
SCHEDULE (there can be some flexibility in start and end times as long as total hours per week equals 40)
Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day. (Usually 8 to 5 or 9 to 6, with lunch break of one hour.)
TYPICAL DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Serve in a lead capacity with responsibility for providing direction for the Interlibrary Loan work unit
- Receives interlibrary loan requests; searches relevant database systems; confirms orders; upon receipt, verifies order and forwards item to patron; follow-up on items to ensure a timely return to originating library
- Receives and responds to questions from patrons concerning resources via our ILL and suggestion for purchase systems, and refers questions when necessary to librarians
- Advises patrons of library policies, procedures, and services in person and over the telephone
- Assists in borrowing, lending, acquiring and purchasing materials from other libraries using a variety of methods and platforms such as regional resource sharing, traditional ILL, and Link+
- Keeps current with changing and expanding techniques and processes of resource sharing that may be implemented by the Library
- Assists Collection Development Coordinator in routine materials selection responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university; and four (4) years of work experience in library services.
SALARY RANGE: $27.28 – $34.06 per hour plus benefits (SCL does not participate in Social Security)
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 p.m, May 1, 2017
HOW TO APPLY: A formal application is required. Applications can be obtained on the Staff Intranet site under Forms/Human Resources or the Library jobs page or by contacting Jane Klickman. Please send completed application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, inter-library delivery, or fax (525-9563). Postmarks will not be accepted, nor will unsigned material. Resumes may be included but will not be accepted in lieu of applications. External applicants (non-SCL employees) should include at least the name and contact information for at least one professional and one personal reference.