The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Librarian for Chabot College in Hayward, California. This position is a Temporary Leave Replacement for Fall Semester, 2017. The position reports to the Division Dean.
1. Teach effective research strategies in print and online resources.
2. Provide reference services in a multimedia environment to student, staff and faculty.
3. Act as a library liaison to at least one instructional division and to help develop the library’s collection to support that academic discipline.
4. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
5. Participate in campus and district professional activities; which may include, but are not limited to, committee membership and staff meetings.
6. Assist in the development and maintenance of online library tutorials and the library’s web pages.
7. Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
Application instructions and additional information available online.
Application deadline: April 28, 2017