The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Librarian for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
1. Serve as systems administrator of OCLC Worldshare and catalog requests in EBSCOhost Discovery Service including troubleshooting, upgrading, evaluating and manipulating the systems to optimize functionality.
2. Serve as primary contact with OCLC for software and customer account issues.
3. Prepare and disseminate clear, up-to-date policies and procedures that govern WMS and EDS (with respect to the catalog).
4. Provide original and final cataloging to library materials that are new or unique to Chabot College Library.
5. Final implementation responsibility for all cataloging policies and procedures within Worldshare system.
6. Coordinate with and train library technicians on circulation and copy cataloging in the Worldshare system.
7. In collaboration with the Library Coordinator, ensure that library procedures and policies are followed consistently.
8. Coordinate all aspects of the library’s web presence with the Information Literacy and Technology Librarian and the College and District IT departments with primary responsibility for the web presence of the catalog.
9. Act as key member of library team in developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the library’s programs and services.
10. Provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, staff and faculty.
11. Provide library outreach activities to the college community.
12. Teach effective information competency research strategies.
13. Act as a library liaison to at least one instructional division.
14. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
15. Participate in campus and district professional activities, which may include but are not limited to, committee membership, staff development, and collegial meetings.
16. Teach late afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning and/or off campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular librarian assignment.
17. Participate in on-going assessment of library programs including program review, strategic planning, and the development and implementation of new services, systems, and programs.
18. Demonstrated sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
Additional information and application instructions available online.
Application deadline: May 3, 2017