The Business Library at Golden Gate University is in the midst of an exciting period of change designed to ensure students and faculty are exposed to an increasing variety of resources available any time/any place. The Electronic Resources and Systems Librarian will play a leading role in managing the library’s e-resources and systems in a collaborative team environment which supports the university’s practice-based curricula. The Librarian will work to ensure optimized, continuous access to the library’s databases, books, journals, and other resources through effective management and troubleshooting of the ILS and other systems. Research assistance, instruction, subject liaison, and coordination of the work of a technical services library specialist are also key elements of the position.
- Facilitates e-resource and other acquisition, discovery, and maintenance issues by administering a range of library systems, services and operations.
- Provides research assistance and instruction to students, faculty, and staff on-site and remotely.
- Configures and maintains library technologies supporting electronic and other resource access.
- Coordinates general acquisitions, cataloging, and serials processes in line with the library’s “”any time/any place”” vision, mission, and direction.
- Manages resource records and associated budget issues including vendor tracking, consortium agreements, usage statistics, licensing terms, and other account and subscription information.
- Assesses the effectiveness of electronic resources and identifies ways to make access more efficient.
- Participates in the evaluation, selection, de-selection and ordering of materials in all media individually and as part of the Collection Development team.
- Creates clear and efficient workflows for all e-resource and other acquisitions and discovery tasks.
- Liaison responsibility for assigned subject areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Graduate degree from an ALA-accredited library and information science program.
- Thorough understanding of integrated library systems (ILS) including cataloging, acquisitions, administration, and serials modules. Millennium proficiency is a plus.
- Knowledge of best practices, current trends, and issues in electronic resources management.
- Ability to configure, maintain and troubleshoot the library ILS and other technologies sufficient to make e-resources and other acquisitions discoverable.
- Proficiency with OpenURL link resolvers.
- Familiarity with acquisitions, cataloging, and serials processes including management of resource records, vendor tracking, usage statistics, licensing terms, and other account and subscription information.
- Ability to provide Business subject research assistance and instruction to students, faculty, and staff on-site and remotely.
- Proficiency with technology sufficient to create research tools and presentations.
- Knowledge of scholarly communication issues including open access and open educational resources.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a close-knit team.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, and a high comfort level with innovation and change.
Please include a cover letter AND resume to be considered for employment.
Golden Gate University, founded in 1901, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and to maintaining working and learning environments that reinforces these practices. The university welcomes and encourages applications from women, minorities, people of color, veterans, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQI community.
Open until filled.