Responsible for the development, maintenance, functionality, and usability of the Library’s web presence and multimodal student engagement. Provide instruction and reference services to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and others through a variety in-person and remote methods. Serve as liaison to assigned departments. Participate in collection development. Schedule includes one evening shift per week and occasional weekends, if needed.
• Oversee and maintain the Business Library web presence and properties through a collaborative process which results in content creation, assessment, revision, efficient navigation, and access to resources.
• Develop, maintain and oversee the development of Libguides using SpringShare’s CMS.
• Provide research assistance services to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other library users in-person and remotely.
• Oversee e-reserves additions and modifications each term (LibGuides module).
• Serve as a subject specialist and liaison for assigned disciplines and maintain effective communication with faculty in liaison areas.
• Provide in-person and online instruction to classes and other library users as needed.
• Guide library assistants in navigating policy questions, complaints, and security issues as needed.
• Collaborate with library staff and GGU faculty to evaluate, select, and deselect materials in all relevant media; especially those in liaison areas.
• Develop new pathways to reach students and faculty via webinars, workshops, and other modes where warranted.
• Participate in Business Library planning, assessment, and evaluation.
• Collaborate with staff in peer training and other staff development needs.
• Evaluate & report usage of the Library’s web properties using Google analytics and other methods.
• Oversee intranet maintenance and updates (via internal LibGuides).
• Assess effectiveness and usability of the library website; identify improvements that consider the various needs and learning styles of GGU students, faculty, and other users.
• Keep current regarding new technologies, trends, and practices related to web services.
• Participate in a variety of outreach activities, some of which occur on evenings and weekends.
• Be aware of opportunities to integrate library web resources with the eLearning LMS (Moodle).
• Participate in other projects and duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In addition, candidates should meet the following criteria:
1. MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited program.
2. Experience maintaining a website using a content management system.
3. Demonstrated ability to redesign, modify, and assess effectiveness of websites that are user-oriented; experience with HTML and CSS.
4. At least one year of professional experience providing reference and instruction services.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proficiency with English grammar and spelling; an understanding of the unique nature of writing and designing for the web.
6. Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills; ability to work both independently and as a team member on a variety of simultaneous projects.
7. Ability to communicate with and relate to an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
8. Knowledge of best practices, standards, issues and trends relevant to web and information technology in academic libraries.
9. Flexible and open to incorporating new developments in web technology appropriate to adoption in the academic library environment.
10. Business resource content knowledge or willingness to learn.
1. Knowledge of business reference and experience providing reference support to business students and others in professional practice education.
2. Experience providing reference and instruction in an academic library to undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students.
3. Experience providing reference and instruction to remotely-situated patrons utilizing a variety of appropriate technologies.
4. Project management experience.
Open until filled.