Are you a highly specialized library professional seeking a new opportunity to make the most out of your career? Then this is an opportunity you won’t want to miss! There is one Librarian Specialist opening for a dedicated, innovative, and highly skilled professional splitting their time between the San Ramon Library in San Ramon with a focus on Adult Services onsite and the Library Administration Office in Martinez with a focus on Adult Services countywide. Join Contra Costa County Library in its mission to inspire the citizens of the county to work together, spark imagination, fuel potential, and connect people with ideas and each other!
This job is for you if you are:
• A leader who instills enthusiasm in others by making them feel that they are important members of a team
• One who fosters an environment of creativity, innovation, and openness to new ideas, welcoming and encouraging input from others to create consensus
• An individual who loves reading and developing Library programming for adults
• One who has a passion for educational technology and the latest trends and developments in the Library field
• An enthusiastic, self-motivated, lifelong learner
To read the complete job description, please visit the website. The eligible list established from this recruitment will remain in effect for six months.
Written Exam: August 3, 2017 or August 4, 2017
License Required: Possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle Operator’s License. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator’s license will be accepted during the application process.
Education: Possession of a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from a school of librarianship accredited by the American Library Association.
Experience: Two (2) years of full-time or its equivalent professional library experience.
Application deadline: 07/07/2017