This position offers a career building opportunity for an experienced library manager or administrator. Working under the direction of the County Librarian, the incumbent will provide professional and administrative leadership as part of the Library’s Executive Committee, as well as planning, organizing, and directing operations for Library Branches and the Learning Group. The Deputy County Librarian will function as the Library’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), overseeing system-wide operations and special projects.
The ideal candidate is an experienced and thoughtful Library administrator with strong project management, communication and leadership skills. The ideal candidate will be:
- Adept at both strategy and implementation;
- Highly effective at managing Library operations;
- Experienced in the implementation of strategic planning from conception to completion;
- Flexible and decisive while handling a wide variety of situations with diplomacy and tact;
- Experienced and knowledgeable in working with diverse community residents, library users, and library staff;
- Committed to delivering exceptional customer service, both internal and external;
- Highly motivated to accomplish library goals and objectives, encouraging collaboration across organizational divisions;
- Committed to leading and managing organizational change;
- Experienced in data driven analysis and evaluation;
- Aware of current best practices in libraries;
- Experienced in handling complex labor relations issues while working in a strong unionized environment; and
- Politically astute.
Additional information and application instructions available online.
Application deadline: 7/18/2017 at 5:00pm