Join the Nevada County Community Library team to make a difference in our thriving rural library system! Work with youth ages 0-18 in a dynamic environment. The community recently voted to increase our tax revenue and in particular wanted to ramp up Youth Services. The community is small but has a lot to offer – close to mountains and rivers, great concerts, food, and lots of non-profits and engaged citizens.
This position is considered a Youth Services Librarian I and serves both the Madelyn Helling Library and the Grass Valley Library Branches.
The eligible list established from this recruitment will be used to fill part-time and full-time, regular or temporary positions as vacancies occur or the need arises.
Under general supervision, performs professional library work in the Nevada County Library System; manages, directs and implements a major service area and/or a branch library; performs a variety of administrative and operational functions in support of the Library Department; and performs related work as required.
Examples of Duties
- Plans, coordinates, and directs assigned program services to effectively meet the needs of the library system
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates the work of assigned staff
- Selects books and other materials to effectively meet the needs of the Library’s patrons consistent with the County Library’s goals and objectives
- Reviews book collection to determine the need for additions, deletions, and repairs
- Provides information as requested by patrons including reference material, referrals to other sources of information, providing assistance to school children and suggesting titles of interest upon request
- Consults with teachers, parents, children and the general public on choice of books within a designated program area
- Plans special programs and displays
- Works with and maintains effective rapport with community organizations and special groups of patrons
- Assists in formulating library policies, procedures and operational systems
- Prepares data and information for budgeting and monitoring progress as requested
- Consults with other libraries regarding book/materials selection, loans and related communications
- Represents the county library on various committees, community organizations, at workshops, and outreach activities
Additional details and application instructions available online.
Application deadline: 7/20/17