Santa Clara University Library is seeking a part-time, temporary staff member in Access & Delivery Services. Up to 20 hours per week are available, and hours are flexible based on availability. The position, available immediately, includes these duties:
• Staffs the Library Help Desk during scheduled hours.
• Assists patrons in locating materials in the library using OSCAR (the University’s online catalog)
• Provides courteous directional and informational assistance and simple reference assistance to users, requiring a general knowledge of the library’s physical facility, organization, collections and policies
• Refers complex questions to the appropriate individual
• Uses the automated library system (OSCAR) to circulate materials (checkout, check-in, place holds, etc.) to members of the Santa Clara University community
• Recommends searches and/or LINK+ or Interlibrary Loan requests for missing library materials
• Educates users about new or enhanced services provided by the library
• Provides information on specific library policies, including billing and circulation privileges
• Supervises, trains, and manages library student workers, directing their work and ensuring the work of the library (sorting, shelving, shelf reading, auditing ARS, etc) is completed during work shifts
• Opens/closes and secures the library as needed.
The position is available beginning September 16, 2017 and may extend for as long as six months. Persons with some library experience at a circulation/help desk preferred. Please contact Tina Chrzastowski, Head of Access & Delivery Services, by email for more information and to apply for this position: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline: September 10, 2017