Under general direction of the Division Manager, Branches and Patron Services, directs the day-to-day operations and activities of the Library branch. Provides professional library services including reference, reader’s advisory, collection development, and performs related work as assigned. This position is responsible for all personnel and operations within the branch and for branch relationships with the community it services.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of a branch library including staff, materials, and facilities
- Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates professional and support staff
- Oversees or participates in the recruitment, training and scheduling of volunteers
- Directs and coordinates activities of a branch library in conjunction with system policies and regulations
- Makes budget recommendations and monitors the branch library budget
- Participates in promotional and public relations tasks, such as creating interest in library services, and creating and implementing strategies for improving awareness of library services
Education and Experience: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of experience as a professional librarian, including two (2) years at a lead, supervisory, or managerial level.
Licenses and Certifications:
Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License.
Full job description and application instructions available online.