- Coordination of the Campus History Collection (CHC) and digital Institutional Repository (IR).
- Serves as the primary contact for the CHC, including providing expert reference service related to all aspects of Cal Maritime’s history, via in-person, email, and phone assistance, to both on-campus and off-campus patrons. Work with instruction librarians to incorporate CHC materials into the information fluency program.
- Accession, organize, and tag archival materials, both print and digital; take appropriate preservation measures; ensure orderliness of shelving, cabinetry, online files, etc.; prepare and track materials that need binding or preservation; compile statistical and descriptive reports when needed; plan and implement special projects such as displays and exhibits; conduct oral history interviews with alumni.
- Work with faculty, students, and staff to develop and promote the campus Institutional Repository as the primary digital archive of the scholarly work of the campus, including theses, student capstone projects, faculty scholarship, and other research projects. Work with library staff to create and maintain a user-friendly interface to the digital repository.
- Work with library dean and other library staff to develop policies for ongoing digital archiving of key artifacts related to the teaching and research mission of Academic Affairs, such as syllabi and curricular documents.
- Work with the California State University Institutional Repository working group to develop the structure, standards, and procedures for implementing the digital IR platform at Cal Maritime.
- Staff the library service desk, which includes providing basic informational assistance, referral of complex or in-depth reference questions, circulation of material, interlibrary loan processing, updating and maintenance of patron data in circulation system, and communication of all library policies and procedures to patrons. Participate in training and coordinating library student assistants at the service desk.
Full job description and application instructions available online.