The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Library is seeking a Metadata Analyst to be its key expert in all things metadata for the library. As a member of the Library’s Collection Management unit, you will support our goals to understand our users’ scholarly resource needs in order to deliver the best possible user experience.
Advisory and planning responsibilities
- Develop a blueprint to prepare our existing MARC-based descriptive cataloging, classification, and subject analysis for a Linked Data environment.
- Advise on metadata for projects involving non-MARC data.
- Lead the strategy for the adoption of new standards and vocabularies for the Library.
- Serve as a liaison or adviser to internal and external research partners on collaborative metadata projects to advise on metadata projects and functions, such as library collaborations with projects involving clinical information systems and terminologies.
- Represent UCSF on UC-wide knowledge groups and committees.
Operational and functional responsibilities
- Formulate strategies, help develop policies, identify processes and resources for the Library’s comprehensive metadata needs, including metadata capture, normalization, transformation, storage, and output for the Library’s catalog, discovery layer, and digital initiatives (digitization of materials, archival storage of electronic files, and data management).
- Perform database maintenance related to authority control.
- Lead and assist in Archives & Special Collections unique collections cataloging for original and complex adaptive cataloging for multiple formats (monographs, newspapers, maps, serials, audiovisual material, art, artifacts, and archival collections).
- Assist with implementation of new technology related to metadata management. Train relevant staff on metadata and cataloging as needed.
The UCSF Library is committed to a culture of inclusion and respect. We embrace diversity of thought, experience, and people as a source of strength which is essential to our success. We encourage you to apply if you thrive in an environment which celebrates and serves diverse communities.
UCSF is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
For the full list of required qualifications and how to apply, please go to http://bit.ly/2twurWP