The Contra Costa County Library Department is recruiting to fill one (1) Senior Community Library Manager vacancy located in East Contra Costa County. This is an excellent career opportunity for innovative library professionals with a strong sense of leadership and a commitment to excellence.
Under the direction of the Deputy County Librarian, the Senior Community Library Manager plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of an assigned county community library or libraries; and perform other related work as required. This classification is responsible for the day-to-day administration and operation of a full-service county community library. A Senior Community Library Manager applies individual judgment and influence to manage human, financial and physical resources in a community library and supervises the activities of professional, technical and/or clerical level positions involved in library support and service activities.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- A facilitative leader who is open to change and can be flexible, who can build a productive and cohesive team
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer service orientation, who can understand the needs of employees, patrons and communities
- Effective supervisory experience including the ability to lead, train, coach and inspire staff
- Willingness to listen, network with others, maintain open lines of communication, and have strong presentation and writing skills
- Ability to keep up with new trends and foster curiosity in the field
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.