The Flora Lamson Hewlett Library of the Graduate Theological Union seeks an engaged, innovative, and user-centered professional for the position of Head of Collection Development.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with collaborative colleagues who acquire and provide timely access to scholarly resources for an energetic and diverse community of students, faculty, and researchers.
Reporting to the Director of Library Services, the Head of Collection Development is responsible for overseeing acquisitions, serials, and conservation of resources, in electronic and print formats.
The successful candidate will exercise a key leadership role in ensuring access to information for teaching and scholarship, and will:
- Select, acquire, and make accessible the books, journals, databases, and other media for the both GTU main library and our branch at the SFTS campus
- Work with the director and other departments to monitor budgets, and to order, receive, and correctly process materials
- Exercise responsible stewardship of the entire collection including making decisions about shelf management, gifts, withdrawals, and off-site storage
- Prepare assessments, estimates, and reports about the collection, its use, and the acquisitions budget
- Work with librarians and staff on acquisitions projects and long-term collection planning
- Serve as the contact person for the GTU community, other libraries, and vendors regarding collection development
Full job description and application instructions available online.