LIBRARY AIDE* – EXTRA-HELP POSITION – MULTIPLE LOCATIONS
* Pending classification study
It’s almost time for our annual Summer Reading program! In preparation for this system-wide community event, the Library is seeking hard-working and motivated individuals to serve as substitute Library Aides.
This position performs basic library work in the area of materials support such as sorting and shelving library materials, and performs other work as required.
Please see the job specification for full details about this position, which may be limited to the duration of the Summer Reading program.
Positions are available in the following Library branches, and possibly throughout the Library system (applicants must be able to work at these locations):
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Sorts, distributes and shelves various types of library materials; maintains shelves in proper order.
- Searches for and corrects sorting errors on bookshelves; reads shelves; follows procedures to look for materials on various reports.
- Uses a computer to enter and retrieve information relating to checking-in materials, retrieving holds and requests, withdrawing holds and performing similar tasks.
- Retrieves materials from shelves according to pull lists and other procedures.
- Retrieves materials from book drops.
- Keeps newspapers and magazines/periodicals current.
- Cleans monitors, screens, keyboards, mice, and other related equipment.
- Answers routine requests for information and direction from the public, directing caller or patron to appropriate person as necessary.
Additional tasks include posting items to bulletin board, mending books, re-casing media, straightening reading room.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to the completion of 12th grade; ability to arrange items in numerical and alphabetical order quickly and accurately; ability to perform physically taxing work; deal with the public pleasantly and courteously. Spanish bilingual skills desirable but not required.
SALARY RANGES: $16.34 to $20.41 per hour
CLOSING DATE: Continuous Recruitment – First review of applications will be on Monday, April 23, 2018
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library for full job details and to apply. Applications must be submitted by the final filing date.
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), such as an alpha numeric exam, skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
If you have previously applied for this position, you will need to reapply through CalOpps.
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future positions as they occur during the active status of the list.
The Sonoma County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer