The Contra Costa County Library is seeking to fill one Senior Library Literacy Assistant part-time (32-hour) position. This position will split time between the Brentwood and Antioch libraries in California. The Library is looking for an energetic, creative, responsible, experienced teacher or tutor who is committed to helping adults improve their basic literacy skills. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for planning and implementing tutor training, assessing the instructional needs of students, developing and implementing special events and projects, and creating partnerships with school and community agencies.
The individual appointed to this position must possess the ability to manage volunteer and student groups effectively and tactfully, develop and manage projects, assess reading ability and recommend curriculum, coordinate special events, speak well in public, and direct the work of others. Teaching experience is highly desirable. Successful candidates must be available to work at least two nights a week and approximately 13 Saturdays a year.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Excellent teamwork and volunteer management skills
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment
- Maintain collaborative relationships with community groups and actively participate with local groups to share literacy resources and promote the library
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to the public
- Demonstrated dependability, excellent attendance and punctuality
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Relevant office/computer skills to use a variety of equipment such as computers, fax, copy machines and software programs
Read the complete job description at www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for one year.