LIBRARY SPECIALIST* – ROSELAND 20 HOURS PER WEEK – PART TIME
* Pending classification study
Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library for a complete job description, benefit information and to apply.
We are seeking a customer service driven professional for our part-time Library Specialist position at the Roseland Community Library.
TYPICAL DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Advises patrons of library policies, procedures, and services in person and over the telephone with a friendly and helpful attitude
- Registers patrons, enters patron information into library database and issues new or replacement library cards with accuracy; updates patron records; communicates with the patron about the procedure and explains rationale positively when denials are required
- Listens attentively to patron’s questions about library account and answers in a calm and professional manner
- Recognizes when a question needs to be directed to reference staff
- Proactively collects fines and payments for lost materials
- Assists patrons with the use of public computers and other electronic equipment
- Efficiently and accurately balances daily cash and prepares deposit
- Readily and proficiently uses a computer to enter and retrieve information, locate library materials and charge and discharge materials; successfully incorporates the use of RFID and the StaffLink into daily circulation workflow
- Efficiently receives and processes requests and reserves
- Quickly and accurately sorts returned books
Readily provides clerical assistance to Librarians and other staff
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade and one (1) year of clerical and office support work. An Associate’s degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university can substitute for the required experience. Bilingual skills in Spanish required.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Excellent oral and written communication skills; customer service experience; proficiency with computers and software applications. Previous work or volunteer experience performing outreach to the Hispanic community preferred.
Incumbent will perform repetitive arm/hand movements using a keyboard and mouse, and will grasp/handle materials that weigh up to and occasionally more than 25 pounds. Incumbent will push wheeled carts weighing up to or occasionally more than 100 pounds.
SALARY RANGES: $20.38 to $25.46 per hour plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, May 8, 2018
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply. Applications must be submitted by the final filing date.
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future positions as they occur during the active status of the list.
The Sonoma County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer