LITERACY SPECIALIST – SANTA ROSA 20 HOURS PER WEEK – PART TIME
Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library for a complete job description, benefit information and to apply.
We are seeking a customer service driven professional with excellent communication skills for our part-time Literacy Specialist position. This position is located at the Central Library Annex in downtown Santa Rosa, in the heart of Wine Country, with the Redwoods and Pacific Ocean only minutes away.
This regular, part-time position provides support for the Adult Literacy Services programs, and performs related duties as required.
TYPICAL DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Keeps accurate and consistent records
- Maintains student and tutor records, files and databases
- Conducts intake interviews with new students to assist in determining program eligibility and level
- Develops and implements outreach program for recruitment of students in all parts of the county, on an as needed basis
- Tracks completion of goals by students, acknowledges, and provides recognition for student achievements
- Performs receptionist duties
Education: An Associate’s degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university with coursework in Education, Public Administration or related fields.
Experience: A combination of education and experience that creates an understanding of adult illiteracy. Generally, this would be achieved by one (1) year of administrative or programmatic experience, one (1) year of library or literacy experience, or three (3) years of clerical and office support work. Experience working with adults in an educational setting.
- Principles, practices, and techniques of effectively dealing with adult learners
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulatory codes, ordinances, and procedures relevant to assigned area of responsibility
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors and Library staffAbility to:
- Maintain accurate logs, records, and basic written records of work performed
Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
SALARY RANGES: $21.95/hour to $27.42/hour plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 p.m., Monday, May 7, 2018
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply. Applications must be submitted by the final filing date. The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future positions as they occur during the active status of the list.
The Sonoma County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer