We are seeking a customer service driven library professional with excellent communication skills for our full-time Children Services Librarian position at the Cloverdale Regional Library. The ideal candidate will have strong outreach, technical, and training skills and be willing to work in a sometimes fast paced and often vibrant “all ages” environment. Share your talents and abilities while utilizing your librarian skills for community partnerships, basic to advanced computer training and downloadable Audio and eBook device help for the public.
Please see the job specifications for full details about this position.
Under general supervision, this full-time, benefitted position provides excellent customer service while performing a variety of professional children’s library services, including reference, reader’s advisory, collection development, event planning, outreach, digital literacy training for the public, and performs related work as assigned.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Provides general reference and reader’s advisory services
- Explains library policies and procedures to patrons and staff
- Assists, advises and instructs patrons on the use of library materials and equipment, including automated catalogs, the Internet, various software, eBooks and audio book reading and listening devices and digital literacy in general
- Conducts reference searches using a variety of database, online, and other search techniques
- Helps to maintain and select the addition of books, reference materials, CD’s, DVD’s, electronic media, and other library materials
- Assists at the Circulation Desk when needed.
- Assists in and/or directs the preparation of exhibits and the organization and presentation of a variety of programs and events, as well as forming community partnerships for co-events
- Leads book discussion groups
- Promotes the Library out in the community, at schools, and events, and provides written outreach through community publications as well as press releases and other promotions; may represent the Library in meetings with the community or special interest groups
- Helps to maintain social media connectivity to the library public.
- Works collaboratively with staff, the community and special interest groups.
- The Librarian II performs all of these tasks but at a more difficult, higher level. May serve as Person-in-Charge when Branch Manager is absent.
Education and Experience: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS), Master of Library Science (MLS), or Master of Science in Library Science (MSLS) degree from an accredited college or university. The Librarian II requires two years of appropriate professional experience working a children’s librarian, preferably in a public library. Must have a valid California driver’s license. Spanish bilingual skills desirable but not required.
Librarian I – $59,904 to $74,880 annually
Librarian II – $62,920 to $78,582.40 annually
5:00 pm, Friday, May 25, 2018
HOW TO APPLY: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply. Applications must be submitted by the final filing date.
The eligibility list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future positions as they occur during the active status of the list.
The Sonoma County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer