Starchival Solutions provides encoding, post-production support, file distribution, and digital asset management workflow services for corporate clients. Our company maintains digital media archives and organizes the way people work to facilitate collaboration and minimize downtime.
Work is conducted in corporate environments on the San Francisco peninsula. Ideal candidate will have professional video production experience and be pursuing a career in the library and information science field. This could be a perfect fit for a recent MLIS graduate or a Library and Information Science student seeking paid experience with a great company.
Full-Time 40 hours/week, Part-Time Also Available.
- Facilitate consistent access to raw media, proxies, and edited master files
- Prepare video assets for Web publication and manage hosting platform activity
- Conduct media asset management functions and maintain records in the digital asset management system
- Provide reference services to users needing assistance
- Pre-process files, create media catalogs, and assign descriptive metadata
- Coordinate transcription of video and audio content
- Assist in all phases of video post-production
- Conduct research and complete archival projects as requested
- Encode and conform video for varied distribution platforms and longer term storage
- Distribute digital files individually and as collections based on method of use or presentation
- Design, test, and augment encoding and file distribution workflows
- Computer literate – Mac/PC, Microsoft Office
- MLIS degree or current enrollment in a Master of Library & Information Science program preferred
- Strong knowledge of video production (Adobe Creative Cloud a +)
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to work independently
- Library/Archives work experience
- Familiarity with streaming media
- Excellent communication skills, helpful, able to work with/for others
A background screening will be conducted before hiring.
- Social security number (SSN) verification
- Criminal history including 7 years on felony and misdemeanor in all counties
- Employment verification for last 7 years
Full job description and application instructions available online.