Contra Costa County encourages interested candidates to consider this exceptional career opportunity with one of the Bay Area’s most progressive and respected libraries. Permanent full-time and part-time vacancies may be filled from the results of this examination. Initial assignments may be as a Youth Services Librarian, Adult/Teen Services Librarian, Collection Development Librarian, or Juvenile Hall Librarian.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Partnering with community-based organizations and community groups to promote library services
- Developing innovative programs to build literacy, further education, and foster a love of reading
- Promoting our collections and reading through readers advisory, recommendation lists, blog entries, author talks, book discussions, and other innovative methods
- Fostering digital literacy and providing age-appropriate technology instruction
- Developing collections and the space itself, ensuring a safe and inviting area
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Passion for creating an environment that encourages patrons to follow their interests, discover new ones,
learn from their peers, and of course, embrace reading
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience providing customer and reference service
- Ability to create and conduct innovative programs
To read the complete job description, please visit the website, www.cccounty.us/hr. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for six months.