Under general supervision, provides excellent customer service, performs a variety of technical, accounting, and administrative duties to support Library financial functions such as payroll administration or processing accounts receivable and accounts payable; uses accounting software to maintain accurate records of financial transactions; performs financial reconciliations and prepares reports; and performs related duties as required.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Performs responsible accounting, financial and/or budgetary document processing within specified procedural guidelines.
- Assists customers, departments, and employees by providing answers and information regarding specific account information, discrepancies, and/or general accounting procedures.
- Processes accounts payable; assigns purchase numbers; reviews invoices and receiving reports for accuracy and appropriate authorization; ensures that funds are budgeted and available and prepares documentation required for payment.
- Receives and balances receipts; allocates revenue to proper cost centers and trust accounts and posts revenue daily; prepares deposits and journal entries.
- May assume other accounting, administrative, or customer service responsibilities on a relief basis as required.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting, finance, business or public administration, or a closely related field, and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in processing financial documents, payroll or benefits administration, maintaining financial or accounting records, and performing general accounting office work.
SALARY RANGES: $23.64/hour to $29.53/hour plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Thursday, August 30, 2018
To apply, visit CalOpps