Under direction of the Library Director, this position is responsible for planning, writing, producing and managing content for marketing, branding, promotions, public relations, and internal and external communications for the Library’s internal and external communication and community engagement and outreach efforts.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Creates, updates, and administers a comprehensive marketing plan which includes regularly gathering community input and assessing needs in Sonoma County Library’s service area; identifying opportunities to attract and engage new users and retain current ones; and successfully promoting the Library’s core resources, services and programs.
- Identifies services, resources, and programs for marketing and promotional opportunities; develops strategies and carries out a wide range of marketing activities.
- Manages the SCL brand, ensuring consistency in visual brand elements as well as written tone, naming and other branding guidelines.
- Directs media relations: creates and maintains effective relationships with media; represents and speaks for library to media; solicits media coverage of the library services and programs; produces and distributes news releases.
- Represents the library at public functions and serves as library liaison to community groups as assigned; manages requests for tours and presentations.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree preferred with significant coursework in marketing, business administration, communications, journalism, public information and relations.
Experience: Four (4) years demonstrated experience in internal/external marketing, communications, and/or public relations experience.
Licenses: Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
SALARY RANGE: $84,697.60 to $105,768.00 annually plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Thursday, August 30, 2018
To apply, visit CalOpps