We are seeking a customer service driven IT professional for our full-time Information Technology Technician II position, which will provide a variety of technical and information systems support and training throughout the library system.
* The IT Services Division will be relocating to Rohnert Park, 7 miles away, in late 2018
Under general direction of the Information Technology Manager, this position is responsible for troubleshooting computer-related problems; installing, customizing, implementing and maintaining software, hardware and network configurations, and various systems; developing and delivering technical training related to the public services function; providing support for desktop computer applications, Internet/Intranet, self-service portals, web based applications, and email systems; participating in planning, designing, implementing, testing, and supporting new or modified automation systems; researching and reviewing new software and hardware; performing other duties as assigned.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Performs complex technical and operational IT support work and systems administration and/or leads the work of others engaged in routine technical and operational IT support.
- Coordinates projects, personnel, and systems to facilitate access to the Library’s inter-networked computer systems.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and resolves network and related system, hardware, software, and peripheral malfunctions.
- Provides technical support and assistance to personnel, librarians, and others concerning computer networks.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or related field and three (3) years providing technical support to users of complex, multi-platform computer systems. Experience and education related to training is necessary for positions assigned to the training coordinator function. Experience and education related to network administration is required for positions directly involved with network operations.
Licenses and Certifications: Must possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver License.
Desired qualifications include:
- Knowledge of computer usage and other technology in a public computing environment
- Knowledge of software that works to preserve the integrity of the software image in a public computing environment
SALARY RANGE: $31.79 to $39.69 per hour plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Thursday, September 6, 2018
To apply, visit CalOpps