LIBRARY SPECIALIST* – GUERNEVILLE
25 HOURS PER WEEK – PART TIME
* Pending classification study
We are seeking a customer service driven professional to perform routine library work at the Guerneville Regional Library.
Please see the attached job specifications for full details about this position.
TYPICAL DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Advises patrons of library policies, procedures, and services in person and over the telephone with a friendly and helpful attitude
- Registers patrons, enters patron information into library database and issues new or replacement library cards with accuracy; updates patron records; communicates with the patron about the procedure and explains rationale positively when denials are required
- Listens attentively to patron’s questions about library account and answers in a calm and professional manner
- Recognizes when a question needs to be directed to reference staff
- Proactively collects fines and payments for lost materials
- Assists patrons with the use of public computers and other electronic equipment
- Efficiently and accurately balances daily cash and prepares deposit
- Readily and proficiently uses a computer to enter and retrieve information, locate library materials and charge and discharge materials; successfully incorporates the use of RFID and the StaffLink into daily circulation workflow
- Efficiently receives and processes requests and reserves
- Quickly and accurately sorts returned books
- Processes magazines and gift books in a neat and timely manner; keeps magazines, periodicals, telephone books and other materials current
- Readily provides clerical assistance to Librarians and other staff
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade and one (1) year of clerical and office support work. An Associate’s degree, or higher, from an accredited college or university can substitute for the required experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to remain tactful when working with the public
- Close attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while following established procedures
- Bi-lingual skills in Spanish desirable
Incumbent will perform repetitive arm/hand movements using a keyboard and mouse, and will grasp/handle materials that weigh up to and occasionally more than 25 pounds. Incumbent will push wheeled carts weighing up to or occasionally more than 100 pounds.
SALARY RANGE: $20.38/hour to $25.46/hour plus prorated benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 pm, Thursday, August 30, 2018
To apply, visit CalOpps