Hourly Range Librarian I*: $31.79 – $38.64
Hourly Range Librarian II*: $34.00 – $41.36
Job ID: 1801795
Full/Part Time or On-call: Full Time, Part Time, and On-Call
Employee Status: Regular
Close Date: Nov 9, 2018, 12:59:00 AM
Get Started: More Details & Apply Online
*Salary Note: The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate’s qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in the Librarian I/II classifications shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay.
Position and Duties
We are seeking new Librarians to join our team and change the lives of those we serve! The ideal candidate for these positions will understand, support, practice, and promote the San José Way of library innovation and the Mission, Vision, & Values statements of the City of San José and the San José Public Library; demonstrate leadership and a commitment to active customer service; have knowledge of current library technology and trends; have experience working with a diverse community and staff; and enjoy working in a fast-paced, innovative team environment.
We are looking for flexible, service-oriented, friendly, and smart librarians, proud of their profession and wanting to make a difference in their community. Our librarians perform a variety of professional librarian duties. This may include presenting the following:
- Conducting outreach,
- Networking with community groups and businesses,
- Answering reference questions, and
- Overseeing volunteers
All our staff are trained in providing excellent customer service.
These positions will include evenings and weekend shifts.
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
If you are currently a part-time benefited San José Public Library employee seeking full-time employment, you must apply. We may use this candidate pool to fill future positions.
We encourage Fall 2018 Master’s Degree in Library Science candidates to apply. Degree must be received by hire date; transcripts may be requested.
- Education & Experience for Librarian I: A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university.
- Education & Experience for Librarian II: A Master’s Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university AND one (1) year of professional library experience.
- Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San José will NOT sponsor, represent, or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application.