The UCDavis Mabie Law Library is recruiting for a full-time Technical Services/Circulation Librarian
The Mabie Law Library is an integral part of the UC Davis School of Law, and provides services that support the teaching, research, and scholarship of its students and faculty. The Library’s collection and staff are housed in King Hall on the Davis campus. The Library has access to more than 10,000 databases which are provided through its library licenses, campus, and UC-wide license agreements.
• Responsible for management of the Technical Services and Circulation departments, including overall supervision of the library staff within those departments.
• Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of Circulation and Technical Services policies, procedures and publications; and provides input regarding development of long range goals, budgets, space and technology, personnel procedures, equipment purchases and daily operational needs.
• Technical Services duties include the Ordering, Receiving, Processing, and Bindery operations of the library; establishes criteria for holdings information to be displayed in the public catalog and keeps detailed statistics for all acquisition transactions.
• Implements procedures for the Circulation function including Stacks Maintenance, Course Reserves, Government Documents, and Interlibrary Loan services; manages the maintenance of special collections, including Rare Books, Special Collections, and Archives.
• Overall supervision of the cataloging function for the library including the evaluation and revision of existing cataloging policies and procedures, the copy cataloging of materials, performs searching and transfer of authority records to and within Sierra catalog, coordinates with OCLC, University Library, Melvyl Local as needed to keep our records in sync and up to date with library standardizations and new formats.
• Investigates as appropriate, new technologies and systems relevant to Circulation and Technical Services. Participates in library and Circulation department marketing and communications efforts.
• Oversees the library’s integrated library system (ILS) Innovative Sierra and identifies applications useful to the library’s procedures. Coordinates Sierra ILS trainings and updates when necessary and works closely with Innovative Interfaces help desk and the Law School’s Information Technology staff to troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
• Reports directly to the Library Director.
• MLS or equivalent from an ALA accredited library school;
• Substantial knowledge of print-based and online resources and library ILS systems, experience working with various library vendors and publishers;
• Strong service orientation;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment;
• 2-4 years of experience as a librarian in a complex technical services position with supervisory responsibilities
• Strong computer skills
• Substantial experience as a librarian in an academic library or an academic law library.
• Experience working with Innovative Interfaces products, especially Sierra ILS module.
Salary, Benefits, and Work Hours:
This is a career position at the Associate Librarian level. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/1819/2018-19-adj-scales/t26-a.pdf . This position is not represented by a bargaining unit.
UCD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
Application materials must be submitted via the following website: https://recruit.ucdavis.edu/apply/JPF02431.