Sonoma County Library
Announces an Employment Opportunity
SENIOR LIBRARY ASSOCIATE – ROSELAND COMMUNITY LIBRARY
30 HOURS PER WEEK – PART-TIME
Under general direction, this advanced journey-level class in the Library Associate series is responsible for the full range of paraprofessional library support activities and complex staff support. Incumbents at this level may be assigned to oversee important operational functions of a community library and may serve in a lead capacity.
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Provides subject matter expertise to support a special service or collection within the Library; may include networking with external agencies to promote the special service or collection; may develop marketing communications materials and participate in speaking engagements; may be responsible for special projects and programs.
- Provides technical and functional direction, and training, to assigned staff and volunteers.
- Receives and responds to complex questions from patrons concerning resources; answers reference questions from patrons or directs the most difficult reference questions to appropriate Librarian.
- Advises patrons of library policies, procedures, and services in person and over the telephone.
- Uses the online catalog and other resources to assist patrons in locating and selecting books and reference materials; instructs patrons in the use of library equipment and resources including the Internet; conducts subject searches.
- Uses a computer to enter and retrieve information, locate library materials and charge and discharge materials; receives and processes requests and holds.
- May suggest selection of books and materials for purchase; participates in the ordering and procurement of materials; assists in resource allocation and budget tracking.
- Receives inter-library loan requests; searches relevant database systems; confirms orders; upon receipt, verifies order and forwards item to patron; follows-up on items to ensure a timely return to originating library.
- Maintains shelf order including the shelving, arranging, and weeding of books and materials.
- Assists supervisory staff with various administrative tasks and programs; may participate in office management and/or equipment maintenance activities.
- May be scheduled as Person-in-Charge in the absence of higher-level Library staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university; and four (4) years of work experience in library services. Spanish bilingual skills are required.
SALARY RANGE: $28.10/hour to $35.12/hour plus prorated benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 p.m., Friday, December 21, 2018
Full job description is available here.