About the Position
The On-Call Librarian supports the Library Director and Associate Librarian in managing the Library and serving the general public of all ages and skill levels. The On-Call Librarian assumes responsibility of running the library when the Library Director and/or Associate Librarian take vacation time, sick time, or otherwise need library coverage.
– Assume responsibility for managing library on an intermittent, on-call basis.
– Provide on-site, mail, email and phone reference assistance to general public,
members, volunteers and staff.
– Assist with development and management of library systems.
– Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS).
– Ability to interact with the public and volunteers; work cooperatively in a shared
– Strong organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
– Ability to train and supervise volunteer staff, and delegate and coordinate their
– Good reference, public service, and communication skills.
– Familiarity with horticultural/botanical subject area is a plus.
– Ability to commit to working a minimum of 15 (fifteen) days per year.
– Schedule is on-call and intermittent; includes weekends.
To apply, follow the link here