This position exists within the Electronic Resources Unit of the Acquisitions Department and functions as the Specialist responsible for establishing and maintaining access of all e-book packages, electronic databases, streaming media, and electronic journals for the Library. This position manages changes in access points to e-resources, updates holdings, checks links, updates IP addresses, informs LSO and CMS of cataloging and MARC record loading issues. Work also includes maintaining the Library’s SFX, EDS, EZproxy and database A-Z instances, and maintaining e-resource licensing and financial data in the e-resources database. It also collects usage statistics to support collection analysis. To apply, follow the link here.
• Activates new electronic resources in the library’s various knowledge bases (Millennium, SFX, A-Z Database portal, and Ebsco Discovery Services).
• Performs required weekly maintenance on SFX instance in response to updates of the SFX Knowledge Base.
• Refers MARC records from vendors to Library Systems Office
• Establishes access for electronic books, databases, journals, streaming media, and other web-based resources in specialized publisher and vendor administrative websites.
• Resolves access problems for electronic resources, including analyzing and troubleshooting IP, proxy, vendor platforms, networks, and access breaches.
• Tracks publisher, platform, and title changes. Performs appropriate record maintenance. Migrates subscribed titles and access links as appropriate.
• Maintains e-resource licensing and financial data in Millennium order records or E-Resource Management System.
• Maintains documentation on processes and procedures for the management of electronic resources in the Library.
• Performs other duties as required to help the department meet deadlines or to complete special projects, such as processing the CDL recharge, and gathering usage statistics.