The positions are located throughout Alameda County Library. Under close supervision, to do general manual and clerical work in a public library; and to do related work as required.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Shelves books and other library resources according to the library’s classification system.
- Maintains proper order and neatness of collections; arranges materials, shelves and fixtures to maximize browse-ability.
- Collects materials from book-drop; receives bins of library material received from the branches.
- Retrieves materials for use from public and non-public areas.
- Checks in and sorts materials using a computer terminal, automated materials handling system, or other equipment.
- Answers patrons’ basic location questions for material and services and refers patrons to appropriate staff for more complex questions or service needs.
- Directs patrons to library self-service options such as self-checkout machines, catalog stations, and kiosks.
- Assists in setup and takedown of library meeting spaces.
Click below to apply online:
Deadline for filing is Monday, March 25, 2019 at 5:00 PM PST