The University Library’s leading value is “We are passionate about student learning.” The library faculty actively seeks solutions to help users access, evaluate, and create content, and become informed, engaged, global citizens and lifelong learners. The Library is a respected leader in campus initiatives and service work, and is actively engaged with faculty in campus curricular efforts. SSU Librarians provide transformational leadership in realizing the Liberal Arts and Sciences mission of the University and supporting the University President¿s priorities of student success, on-time graduation, and diversity.
The Library has 38 employees, including 8 FTE library faculty, and approximately 40 student employees. Our collection consists of more than 750,000 volumes (print and e-book) and about 40,000 journal titles. Since opening in 2000, the University Library in the Jean and Charles Schulz Information Center is a dynamic learning facility that features teaching labs, wireless access, varied study spaces, an information commons, a café, and an automated storage and retrieval system. Prospective applicants are encouraged to see the department’s Web page at: http://library.sonoma.edu/
Responsibilities may include any combination of the following, depending on library need and candidate experience:
• Providing research support and help for services to students, faculty, staff, and community users: in-person and via chat
• Teaching lower division information literacy workshops
• Leading orientation and tours
• Representing the library at campus outreach events
• Creating and updating research guides and tutorials
• Providing metadata, processing, and cataloging supporting for projects in special collections and technical services
• Providing digitization support for archival projects
To apply, follow the link here click on “External Applicant” to access the Careers Page. Apply by April 1st, 2019.