This extra-help, non-benefited position will perform specialized administrative level work related to human resources tasks in areas such as recruitment and examination, employee benefits, and employee training and development programs.
*Position is not to exceed 960 hours in one fiscal year
Apply at CalOpps by June 21st
TYPICAL TASKS include, but are not limited to:
- Supports recruitment by developing, coordinating, and administering the recruitment and examination process; including designing and developing job related selection procedures; evaluating and screening employment applications; developing examination schedules and developing, administering and evaluating oral, written, and performance tests, and other assessment instruments.
- Provides information and advice to job applicants and the public concerning employment opportunities and examination procedures.
- Answers routine questions and prepares correspondence relating to job opportunities, salary information, benefits, memorandum of understanding and examination scheduling both for Department employees and general public.
- Ensures timely and accurate benefits enrollments including the administration of the annual open enrollment process.
- Performs a variety of complex clerical and administrative work, including correspondence and reports.
The equivalent of three (3) years of full-time experience providing technical administrative support in a Human Resources discipline such as benefits, leave management, recruitment, or classification, or an equivalent or higher level class providing human resource services, which included working with personnel policies, procedures, and practices, as well as administrative assistance and public contact work, which would have enabled the applicant to acquire the knowledge and abilities listed below.
Professional certification in benefits management, leave administration, or other specific discipline or generalist of Human Resources is highly desirable. Public sector/government employment experience preferred.