Reporting to the Head of Collection Development, this position manages the acquisitions of and maintains access to print and digital continuing resources.
Located in Berkeley, California, the Graduate Theological Union (GTU) is the largest and most diverse partnership of seminaries and graduate schools in the United States, pursuing interreligious collaboration in teaching, research, ministry, and service. Since its founding in 1962, the GTU has produced thousands of alumni who teach at eminent universities and seminaries, lead and work in a broad variety of arenas – cultural, economic, inter-religious, non-profit and political – to achieve the greatest good.
To apply, please follow the instructions on the attached PDF:
Hourly Rate: $25.50/hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain accurate Bibliographic, Order, Item, and Checkin records related to Serial
subscriptions in Millennium Database
2. Initiate, renew, or cancel, serial subscriptions by means of vendors or individual
3. Claim or otherwise replace late, missing, or damaged issues in a timely manner
4. Prepare binding shipments of current periodicals and resolve item records for bound
5. Authorize payment invoices and resolve vendor / order / claims difficulties as they arise
6. Hire, train, and supervise student assistants
7. Supervise the daily check-in, physical processing, and shelving of currently received
8. Refer new titles, ceased titles, title changes, and other cataloging problems to the
Systems Manager and Metadata Librarian.
9. Acquire digital subscriptions and products; manage digital subscriptions within
Millennium and Serials Solutions environments.
10. Maintain monthly statistics of Serials Maintenance-related activities
11. Maintain in-house spreadsheets regarding current paid, membership, and gift
12. Maintain the ATLA Duplicate Exchange List
13. Participate in training workshops related to the position
14. Other duties as assigned