The San José Public Library System is seeking a part-time student intern to aid in processing the library’s historical photo and document collections. Duties include scanning/digitizing, assigning and entering metadata, finding-aid creation, re-housing collections, sorting, numbering, and filing.
$11.48-$21.92 per hour. Apply by December 9th at https://www.sjpl.org/jobs-library
• Knowledge of professional library or archival methods
• Technical knowledge of scanning and digitizing
• Working knowledge of Excel and Adobe Photoshop
• Ability to learn new software applications
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to accomplish assignments with limited supervision
• An interest in local history
Education: Current enrollment in a college or university as a graduate or undergraduate student in the fields of History or Library Science. Interns must continue to be enrolled in a college or university during their employment with the City of San Jose.