The Sonoma County Library is seeking an Extra-Help Senior Account Clerk for the Budget and Finance department.
Please see the attached job specifications for full details about this position.
Under general supervision, provides excellent customer service, performs complex clerical work in connection with keeping and reviewing financial and statistical records; provides support to the benefits processing and payroll administration functions; and performs related duties as required.
TYPICAL DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a variety of account support duties related to accounts receivable, accounts payable, benefits support, and payroll administration, including posting, balancing, adjusting, and maintaining manual and computerized account and financial records according to established policies and procedures.
- Performs financial and/or budgetary document processing within specified procedural guidelines.
- Maintains a variety of ledgers, registers, and journals according to established accounting policies and procedures; reconciles transactions and data as directed; records changes and resolves differences; maintains the accuracy of accounting and financial records.
- Calculates, codes, enters data into computer to process and prepare vendor claims for payment, including all book claims; maintains claim log and vendor files for all accounts.
- Troubleshoots vendor inquiries and provides proof of payment via the Sonoma County Auditor’s office.
- Processes accounts payable; assigns purchase numbers; reviews invoices and receiving reports for accuracy and appropriate authorization; ensures that funds are budgeted and available and prepares documentation required for payment.
- Enters a variety of information into one or multiple automated financial, accounting and statistical reporting systems; produces and distributes a variety of periodic and specialized reports, following established formats.
- Reviews a variety of financial, accounting and statistical documents for completeness and accuracy; makes corrections within established guidelines or returns the document to the originator for correction; proofreads documents; researches issues regarding specific transactions; updates related files; and updates departments on action items.
Education and Experience:
Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade, supplemented by completion of at least six (6) semester units of college-level coursework in accounting or finance-related subjects, and two (2) years of experience in processing financial documents, benefits processing, payroll administration, maintaining financial or accounting records, and performing general accounting office work.
SALARY RANGE: $22.83 per hour
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 PM, Tuesday, December 17, 2019
Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply.
Applications must be complete and submitted by the final filing date in order to be considered. Incomplete and/or inaccurate applications may result in disqualification from the recruitment process. Resumes will not substitute for a completed application.
The application process may contain one or more of the following steps: a supplemental application, written test(s), skills assessment(s), and/or oral examination(s).
REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION: Sonoma County Library will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at (707) 545-0831 extension 1591 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to make arrangements for your accommodation. Requesting accommodations at least 3 working/business days before the scheduled event will help to ensure availability. For further information regarding disability accommodations provided by the Library and related matters, see the Library’s website at https://sonomalibrary.org/accessibility.
Employment offers will be contingent upon a successful pre-employment verification/criminal records clearance. Having a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify an applicant from employment.
The list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future positions as they occur during the active status of the list.
The Sonoma County Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer