Sonoma County Library
Announces an Employment Opportunity
ACCOUNTANT – ROHNERT PARK HEADQUARTERS
40 HOURS PER WEEK – FULL TIME
The Sonoma County Library is seeking a customer service oriented individual with solid communication, team building, and problem solving skills to serve as an Accountant in its Budget and Finance department.
Under general supervision, this full-time, benefitted position provides excellent customer service, performs technical and professional accounting work involving the review and analysis of Library budgets, programs, systems and procedures; verifies financial data in the areas of payroll, benefits, and accounts receivable/payable; reconciles general ledger accounts; assists management in auditing, analyzing, and preparing financial and statistical reports and schedules; assists in preparing the Library’s annual budget; maintains liaison with Library departments and branches, providing them with budgetary and organization analysis; and performs related duties as required.
TYPICAL DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of the Library annual budget, including monitoring expenditure of funds, analyzing departmental requests, reviewing expenditure patterns, determining fund balances, and projecting future revenues and expenditures.
- Prepares a wide variety of financial and statistical reports including quarterly payroll reports, state library reporting, year-end reporting, budgetary reports, special revenue fund reporting, grant reporting, and other legal documents.
- Assists with the preparation and monitoring of the special revenue fund, including monitoring expenditure of funds, analyzing fund requests, reviewing expenditures for accuracy, and reconciling fund balances.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts related to postings from payroll, accounts payable, cash receipts, and accounts receivable; prepares monthly financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to departments; prepares numerous monthly financial reports.
- Interprets, explains, and applies general and governmental accounting/auditing principles and procedures, laws, and regulations affecting the financial operations of municipal government.
- Collects, assembles, analyzes and interprets data relating to division operations including policies, functions, organizational structures, forms and procedures, and equipment costing; prepares narrative and statistical reports and makes recommendations in connection with these studies.
- Coordinates, trains, and provides lead direction to staff assigned to the Budget and Finance Section; may provide lead direction and work review to Human Resources Section staff.
- Prepares operating manuals, policies and procedures, and work flow charts.
- Uses a variety of standard office equipment, including a computer and various financial spreadsheet and word processing software, as well as specialized accounting software.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in business or public administration, accounting, finance, or a related field; and two (2) years of experience performing professional-level work related to accounting, budgetary analysis, general administration including budget preparation, and/or fiscal analysis.
SALARY RANGE: $33.06 – $41.30 per hour plus benefits
CLOSING DATE: 5:00 PM, Tuesday, December 31, 2019
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please go to https://www.calopps.org/sonoma-county-library to apply.